Substantiating our responsibility as an International School, KENNEDY HIGH the global school has made dedicated efforts in incorporating the internationally accepted and accredited Cambridge School Programme for our global citizens. The Government of India also recognizes the Cambridge Programme as a Certified School Programme, thereby providing the Cambridge student a dual advantage of studying under an International Board as well as the freedom to opt for other regional boards for higher education, if necessary.
Being an authorized Centre, KENNEDY HIGH the global school caters to the Cambridge Curriculum up to A Level.
ICT, English, Math, Science, Social, French , Hindi / Telugu
ICT, English, Math, Science – Content strictly adheres to the Cambridge International curriculum.
Social, Hindi / Telugu – Content has been taken from National Curriculum
THE CAMBRIDGE CURRICULUM AIMS TO DEVELOP LEARNERS WHO ARE:
The International General Certificate of Secondary Education (IGCSE) is an academically rigorous, internationally acclaimed, and specialized English language curriculum which is offered to students to prepare them for International Baccalaureate, AS/A Level, and many other senior secondary programs.
Cambridge IGCSE is the world’s most popular international qualification for 14 to 16 year olds. It is recognized by leading universities and employers worldwide, and is an international passport to progression and success. Developed over 25 years ago, it is tried, tested and trusted by schools worldwide.
The flexible and stimulating curriculum, supported with excellent resources and training, offers a variety of routes for learners with a wide range of abilities.(including those, whose first language is not English)
For learners, Cambridge IGCSE helps improve performance by developing skills in creative thinking, enquiry and problem solving. It is the perfect springboard to advanced study. The programme develops learner’s knowledge, understanding and skills in:
- Subject content
- Applying knowledge and understanding to new as well as unfamiliar situations
- Intellectual enquiry
- Flexibility and responsiveness to change
- Working and communicating in English
- Influencing outcomes
- Cultural awareness.
Schools worldwide have been involved in the development of Cambridge IGCSE. The syllabi are international in outlook, but retain a local relevance. They have been created specifically for an international student body and avoid cultural bias.
Encouraging learners to engage with a variety of subjects, and making connections between them, is fundamental to our approach at Kennedy Global.
Cambridge Curriculum Design at KENNEDY HIGH the global school
AS AND A LEVELS
AS and A levels are International qualifications offered by schools and colleges for 16-19 year olds across the globe. They are highly valued by universities and employers and focus on academic subjects. AS levels can be taken as a stand-alone qualification, which is encouraged at Kennedy Global.
Thousands of learners worldwide gain places at leading universities every year with Cambridge International AS & A Levels. The syllabi develop a deep understanding of subjects and independent thinking skills, and prepare learners for university study, which is why universities worldwide value and recognise Cambridge International AS & A Level qualifications.
Cambridge International AS & A Level develops learners’ knowledge, understanding and skills in:
- In-depth subject content
- Independent thinking
- Applying knowledge and understanding to new as well as familiar situations
- Handling and evaluating different types of information source
- Thinking logically and presenting ordered and coherent arguments
- Making judgements, recommendations and decisions
- Presenting reasoned explanations, understanding implications and communicating them logically and clearly
- Working and communicating in English.
Curriculum Design for AS and A level at KENNEDY HIGH the global school:
The Advantages of Cambridge Programme at KENNEDY HIGH the global school
The fundamental principle of the Cambridge Programme is that it is a skill-based learning. It takes into account various skills that can be incorporated to the child through the use of regular teaching aids, textbooks, projects, activities and various other interactive activities. At each step, the skill set acquired by the child is ascertained.
At KENNEDY HIGH the global school, the students of Cambridge Program are given an opportunity to explore the world and experience the changes that occur to understand the inference which stimulates their curiosity to learn in the phase of self-initiation.
- Provides excellent preparation for secondary education
- Allows exposure to the International curriculum
- Encourages independent thinking
- Presents Challenges in a stimulating environment
- Provides In-depth knowledge and conceptual understanding
- Cambridge International curriculum is compatible with any of the National Curriculae
- Seamless transition to Cambridge Curriculum
- Customised curriculum
- Specially designed capsules
- Gradual updation
- Personalised monitoring of progress
- State-of-the art Multimedia Teaching Technology and tools with dedicated broadband
- Separate mini library in each class room to inculcate good reading habits.
- Ergonomically designed furniture
WHAT YOUR CHILD WILL LEARN…
- Skill of structured inquiry
- Clarity of thoughts and expression
- Positive set of attitude for life
- Improved linguistic skills
- Positive and logical approach to problem solving
- Application of basic concepts to real life situations
Contrary to the usual perception about lack of regular assessments in International teaching curriculum, we do conduct assessments, provide home assignments, issue regular resource text books and note books and periodic follow-up.
The following are our Modes of Assessments
- Continuous Assessments – beyond paper and pen
- Monthly Assessments
- Term Assessments (In the month of October and April)
- Internal Progression Tests are carried out for Grades 1-4, 6, 7, 9.
- Cambridge Primary Check Point (Grade 5)
- Cambridge Secondary Check Point (Grade 8)
- IGCSE (Grade 10)
- As Level (Grade XI)
- A Level (Grade XII)
Day-to-day Activities at KENNEDY HIGH the global school
- We provide Swimming, Skating, Music, Dance, Games & Sports, Fieldtrips, Art& Craft, Language & Math Lab activities, Animation etc.,
- To support all the above activities, we have excellent infrastructure with spacious class rooms, Science Labs, Seminar Hall, Swimming pool, Skating rink, Computer Labs, Math Lab, Animation Lab, English Communication Lab etc., Tennis, Basket ball and Valley ball court, Foot ball ground in a Landscaped Campus.
- Teachers are exclusively trained to teach the Cambridge Curriculum and are provided with world-class teaching resources in-order to perform to their maximum ability
Overall, the child’s next few years at KENNEDY HIGH the global school would be filled with new experiences in the exploration of self-discovery with the help of knowledge, skills, and attitude acquired through the Cambridge Programme.
For further information please log on to www.cie.org.uk
The Destination India brochure, which explains how our students can use Cambridge qualifications to
pursue higher studies in India, on our website. This includes information about the ever-popular
Engineering (IIT-JEE) and Medical (NEET) entrance examinations as well. You can download the
Destination India brochure here: